This month, I spent time finishing up the task to infer function return types and propagate [generic] type parameters when resolving method call chains. This took more time than expected. The primary pass was complete last month and had been in code review. It got approved, but needed unit tests. Of course, while writing those, I found another issue that took a bit of effort. So, it’s about ready for real-world testing.
I had expected to get a release out to everybody and I wanted to have this new functionality included. Thus, I waited, and now it’s been another month without a release. That is my top priority now, and I will do so before I work on anything else.
What I worked on for our sponsors:
1) Infer function return types and propagate [generic] type parameters when resolving method call chains. (Complete, except for merging into the code base.) Resolution fixes for generics, typedefs, and array access.
What I worked on for the community:
1) Fixed a few Null Pointer Exceptions for different circumstances.
2) Fixed a stack overflow when locating PSI parent of the same type as the starting element.
1) Haxe 4 enum abstract support. (Ilya Malanin)
2) Fix NPE occurring while resolving module libraries. (Ilya Malanin)
3) Support of read/write access separation for “Find Usages”.
Next month’s goals:
1) Release 1.1.0
2) (Pushed to next release) Finish new UI for standard library locations.
3) Bug hunt. Resolve a number of small issues that have come up recently.