We are proud to announce our 1.0.0 release of the intellij-haxe plugin. The major version number change is because we’ve broken backward source compatibility rather than for reaching any particular product milestone. As of this release, we’ve moved to Java 8 and the sources no longer build with versions of IDEA prior to 2016.1. Accordingly, we no longer provide a pre-built product for those versions of IDEA. (Be sure to contact our professional support team if you need support for older versions.)
There are a few important changes we would like to point out:
- Semantic Annotation has been greatly improved. Many items which were marked as errors are no longer errors; most notably, Map initializers.
- Completion has been enhanced to show Enumerations (values).
- Folding support has been added, and many types of regions are recognized, including those from other popular IDEs.
Installation instructions are available in our WIKI pages.
We need your help
Also, if you use the product regularly — particularly if you use it in your work or business — we would appreciate your patronage. Our corporate sponsors are generous (and very much appreciated) and they currently only provide a portion of the financial support required to keep this as a full-time project. For us to continue at our current pace, we need you to get directly involved.
Individuals should visit the links on the right of this page to support active contributors — plus there are perks! Businesses should consider support contracts which give specific levels of service and underwrite business-critical features.
The Haxe Foundation does not currently provide any support of this project.
- Add $trace to the list of built-ins to recognize.
- Semantic Annotation: Infer missing function types from code blocks.
- Semantic Annotation: Support arrow functions.
- Semantic Annotation: Add local variable type checking.
- Properly detect function types when used in type parameters (generics).
- Fix Flash “Run” target to launch the file that the compile process creates.
- Non-OpenFL projects now use a better algorithm to determine output directories and files.
- Add source directories to classpath during compiler completions. (More completions, fewer errors.)
- Use non-haxe-logo version of icons when completions are not provided by the compiler.
- Compatibility fix for non-IDEA products: stop logging to stderr! (Issue #724)
- Improved Enum parsing; added generalized algebraic data types support.
- Add true Map literal support. (No longer parsed as Array.)
- Added visibility detection rules (e.g. @NoCompletion) regarding language docs.
- Fixes to error message parsing (no longer account info messages to JetBrains installation directory).
- Split ‘lime test’ into ‘lime update; lime build’ and ‘lime run’, for Make and Run/Debug tasks.
- Add folding support:
- For documentation comments (/** */).
- For comment regions. (// region Name … // end region) (Issue #529)
- Braces for classes, methods, etc.
- For imports and usings.
- For compiler conditionals (#if, etc.)
- Fixed a number of NPEs in the ProjectUpdater.
- Add enums from the current file completion suggestion lists.
- Fixed the resolution order for imports vs. package. (Issue #741)
- Fixed inability to resolve enum parameter symbols at case statement. (Issue #351)
- Dropped support for IDEA versions 14 and 15.
- Internal: Began refactoring the resolver. New models are introduced.
- Changed “static variable override” to a weak warning, instead of a regular warning.
- Imports handling has been refactored.
- Allow @:meta without parens.
- Properly parse variable declarations in return statements. (Issue #329)
- Fixed parsing of ‘throw’ statements within a ternary expression. (Issue #704)
- Allow all string literal forms as field identifiers in structures. (Issue #662)